Becoming a volunteer for Raising Expectations is a rewarding experience for all who choose to support our organization in this capacity. While much is asked of you as a mentor or tutor, you’ll find much more is given back in the appreciative smiles and successes of the children and youth you’ll help to serve and guide.
STEP 1 | Volunteer Interest Form and Virtual Orientation
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form. Upon completing your interest form, you will receive an email directing you to complete our Virtual Volunteer Orientation. During our Orientation, you will learn more about Raising Expectations’ history, programs and students. After Orientation, you will be asked to complete the Volunteer Application and register for the Volunteer Training.
STEP 2 | Volunteer Application & Background Check Information Form
After successfully completing Volunteer Orientation, you will receive a link to complete the Volunteer Application & Background Check Information form and register for an upcoming Volunteer Training Module. The volunteer application must be completed prior to training registration.
STEP 3 | Volunteer Training Module
After successfully completing Volunteer Application, you will be eligible to register for an upcoming Volunteer Training Module. Volunteer training takes place at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Prior to volunteering, all new volunteers must complete all volunteer steps.
- Follow academic tutorial lessons and plans.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of diverse learning tactics to teach our children/youth.
- Attend and actively participate in volunteer meetings and trainings throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with youth.
- Basic Qualifications
- Ability to understand youth of today
- Communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Option 1: All committed mentors/tutors are asked to commit to one day during the week (Monday-Thursday) and one Saturday a month
- Option 2: Two days per week without a weekend commitment.